Thursday 10 May 2012

Wednesday April 18th, 2012 – Nice and back to Paris to go home


            In the morning of April 18th we walked through the old town and the market of Nice.  We then took an elevator to the top of the hill in Nice where there’s a park.  We saw amazing views of Nice again and saw a waterfall.  We then walked around, had a picnic lunch on the Promenade and walked around the New Town’s shops.  We then got our last ice cream of the trip at a place with over 40 flavours including green olive, tomato and basil, and cactus flavours.  They had some really weird flavours!  I got stracciatella and amarena ice cream, and Mike got Ferrero Rocher.  After picking up our luggage from our hostel we then caught our train back to Paris since we were flying out of Paris to go back to Glasgow the day after.  On the train back to Paris I reflected back on the whole trip since it was basically over.  It was definitely one of my favourite trips I’ve ever been on BUT it has made me realize that there’s nothing like home.  I miss Canada and all my friends and family there so much.  Despite how much I love travelling and want to continue travelling, I can only take so much.