Tuesday 17 January 2012

January 17, 2012 – Last full day in Paris


            Today my mom and I decided to explore the metro in Paris.  We took it to see the Sacre Coeur basilica, which was definitely a sight to see.  We’ve seen so many churches on our trip though so it just looked like others we had seen.  We then walked throughout the little streets around there and found the square where there are lots of artists selling their paintings.  A lot of the paintings were extremely gorgeous and some of them were painting there on the spot so I watched them paint for a few minutes.  We continued wandering aimlessly throughout the streets and I kept thinking we would get lost.  We just continued down the hill since the basilica was on the top of a hill and we knew we’d run into a metro station eventually near the bottom.  Finally I figured out how to get back to the Latin Quarter on the metro so we could have lunch and I feel like the metro here is really easy to use now – it is just a lot bigger than Toronto’s subway.  We then shopped a little bit after lunch, came to relax in the hotel room, and then went back out to shop and walk around the Latin Quarter one last time.