Tuesday 17 January 2012

January 16, 2012 – Tour is finished, now time to Relax in Paris!


           Today my mom and I changed hotels to one by the Latin Quarter and Notre Dame.  On the way there Neil Young came on the radio in the cab, which surprised me since I hadn’t heard any Canadian music at all until then.  My mom and I decided to take it easy for our remaining time in Paris since the tour wore us out.  We strolled through the Latin Quarter and went in the many souvenir shops and had a nice lunch in a family owned restaurant.  Later, we found the nearby fruit and vegetable market, supermarket, and bakery to get some food for while we’re here and dinner for the night.  It wasn’t a very eventful day, but we definitely needed a day to ourselves not really sightseeing since we had done that for almost 2 weeks prior to that.